Goodhand & Forsyth Solicitors - Redhill

call: 01737 773533

out of hours: 07540 725 348


At Goodhand and Forsyth Solicitors we have an experienced Family Law team who are able to advise and assist you.

 An application for a Non-Molestation Order
 An application for an Occupation Order
 An application for a Protection from Harassment Order
 An application for Committal where someone has breached an Undertaking
 A harassment warning letter
 If you have been served with an application or received a letter in relation to domestic violence

We can take steps to assess your case swiftly and offer advice as to the appropriate action to be taken. We can assist you on an emergency basis where appropriate.

We aim to offer a professional and efficient service with compassion and understanding of the particular difficulties you are experiencing.

We also have good links with local support organisations.

It may be that you can be assisted under legal aid. We are able to undertake a quick assessment over the telephone and if we consider that you would be eligible, we can refer you to a local Solicitors firm who offer legal aid.

If you would not be eligible, we can offer a Law Shop appointment or fixed fee appointment initially. Alternatively, we can discuss our pricing structure with you prior to any work being carried out. In certain circumstances, we may be able to assist you on a fixed fee basis.

Frequently asked questions:-

What is a Non-Molestation Order?

An Order which protects you from another person using or threatening physical violence against you. It can also prevent someone harassing, pestering or intimidating you.

There must be a significant risk harm. There is an automatic power of arrest attached to the Order.

What is an Occupation Order?

An Order which allows you to remain in the home and requires your spouse/ex-partner to leave the home because of their abusive behaviour.

Can I seek an injunction?

Yes, if you have been subjected to domestic abuse.

Can I seek protection for my children?

Yes, in certain circumstances, such as if they have seen, heard or been involved in the violence in some way.

Do I have to go to Court?

Yes, you will need to attend but you will not be on your own as we will be there with you.

Will the person who did it have to be there?

Yes, but if the incident was serious you can go to court initially just with us, to obtain emergency protection. This is only temporary protection. The law requires that both of you have the chance to explain what happened.

Will I have to speak in court?

Possibly, but we will guide you through and discuss it fully with you beforehand.

What are the benefits of using Goodhand & Forsyth?

 Our lawyers have:-
- specialist legal knowledge
- many years' experience
- the ability to provide clear and concise advice without using legal jargon
- good understanding of your needs, approaching your case with compassion
 We are able to:-
- refer you to local organisations for support
- assess the merits of your case and advise you of the appropriate action
- draft your application and statement in support
- represent you in the proceedings
- arrange for the Order to be served upon the other party and the Police


For more information or to make an appointment contact our Family Department directly on 01737 854905.

Helpline telephone numbers

Surrey Domestic Abuse
24 hour helpline: 01483 776822

East Surrey Domestic Abuse Services
Helpline: 01737 771350

National Domestic Violence
24 hour helpline: 0808 2000 247